Collect points on your next Great Western Adventure.
Whether its London, South Wales or the South West, explore the best of Britain by train with GWR.
Collect 7x points from 28th November to 4th December to celebrate Black Friday.
Explore some of our most popular destinations and start planning your trip:-
Bath: The entire city of Bath is a World Heritage Site. With its stunning buildings, popular attractions and a fantastic choice of places to eat and drink, it’s a great place for a day trip, weekend or even a longer stay. Make sure the historic Roman Baths are top of your itinerary. Average duration time of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Travel between London and Bath from as little as £14.50 each way.
Bristol: The capital of the South West of England is less than a couple of hours away from London and has a rich maritime history. From museums to bars and restaurants, the Harbour side is packed with things to do including We The Curious, a hands-on science museum that's fantastic fun for all the family.
Travel between London and Bristol from as little as £15 each way.
Cardiff: The Welsh capital has so much to offer visitors, with many attractions and sights within walking distance of Cardiff Central station. No matter what the reason for your visit, you’ll find plenty to enjoy, from walks along the waterfront to gigs, concerts and great food and drink. Average duration time of 2 hours and 5 minutes.
Travel between London and Cardiff from as little as £18.50 each way.
* Save up to 50% AP savings correct as of January 2018. Average saving calculated by comparing Standard Class Advance Single ticket prices to the equivalent price of a Standard Class Super Off-Peak ticket bought on the day of travel.
Terms and Conditions
Collect Nectar points on eligible train tickets bought online through any of the following train companies which, together with FirstGroup PLC shall herein be referred to as “FirstGroup”:
- Great Western Railway
- Transpennine Express
- South Western Railway
You must link your Nectar card number to the 'My Account' section at one of the FirstGroup train companies shown to collect points on train tickets bought online. Once you have linked your card, you will be eligible to collect 2 points per £1
- Train tickets bought through any of our assisted travel helplines will qualify for Nectar points.
- Bookings for group travel that cannot be completed online will not qualify for Nectar points.
- Incorrect or invalid Nectar cards or Nectar card numbers will not be awarded points. Customers are responsible for ensuring the details they enter are correct.
- Points will appear on your account within 28 days of buying your tickets.
- If you receive a refund, any Nectar points collected will be deducted from your Nectar account within 28 days. Deductions for multiple tickets are calculated on the individual ticket price. You will not be eligible to retain Nectar points in respect of any fee payable in relation to a refund.
- Points cannot currently be redeemed on any of the FirstGroup websites.
- All FirstGroup companies reserve the right to:
withdraw at any time any Nectar points that were granted by FirstGroup:
- in error - as solely determined by Nectar and/or FirstGroup (for example if the Nectar logo was mistakenly displayed on the view item page of an excluded item);
- in the case of any fraudulent activity;
- withhold or delay issuing Nectar points; or change these terms at any time.
- Your continued use of your linked account following notice of such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of any such change. It is your responsibility to check the terms and conditions regularly to determine whether these terms and conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the terms and conditions, then you must immediately stop using your linked account.
- When you receive points from any FirstGroup train company, you agree to abide by the Nectar collector rules.
- Delivery charges may apply to online purchases for postal delivery. Free ticket collection is available at selected stations.
- You agree that, except for death and personal injury arising from the negligence of FirstGroup, FirstGroup shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from or in connection with these terms and conditions.
- FirstGroup shall have the right to immediately terminate these terms and conditions and/or suspend the use of your linked account if you commit a breach of these terms and conditions.
- Each provision of these terms and conditions shall be construed separately, applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances and shall remain in force notwithstanding the termination of these terms and conditions howsoever occasioned.
- No waiver by FirstGroup shall be construed as a waiver of any breach of any provision of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties hereby irrecoverably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Court. Residents of Scotland may also bring proceedings within a Scottish court of law.
5x points offer
- 5x points available on Advance Single tickets (First or Standard Class) on services operated by GWR. Minimum purchase value per Advance Single ticket is £5.
- Only available via 'View link' button above. Invited Nectar Cardholders only. Your Nectar card must be linked to your GWR account.
- For bookings made between 9th Jan and 29th Jan 2020. For travel from 10th January 2020 up to 12 weeks in advance.
- Advance Single Fares are subject to availability, non-refundable and must be booked at least 1 day in advance of travel. Changes to date and time made prior to departure are subject to administration fees set out at bit.ly/2UCg1l4
- Not valid with other offers. Points cannot be collected on any element of a transaction which is paid for by redeeming a National Rail Travel voucher.
- Nectar booking terms apply visit bit.ly/2VMG2KH.
- The promoter is First Greater Western Limited, company number 05113733, registered at Milford House, 1 Milford Street, Swindon, Wiltshire SN1 1HL.
- THE FAMOUS FIVE® 2018 Hodder & Stoughton Limited. All rights reserved.
- GWR reserves the right to amend these terms without notice and to take appropriate action or withdraw this offer at any time.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. GWR January Sale (up to 50%): Only available via 'view offer' link above. GWR January Sale fares are available on selected routes and for bookings until 26 January 2020 for travel between 23 January 2020 and 03 April 2020. Tickets must be purchased at least 7 days before travel. 180 000 seats available as of 16 January 2020 (140,000 Standard and 40,000 First Class). Tickets available at GWR.com/sale and GWR APP only. GWR Advance Single fares only. Subject to availability and may not be available at certain times. Not valid with other offers. Full terms and conditions at GWR.com/sale "